Thursday, December 22, 2016

Still raking leaves

o-Hi-o

Hello Family and Friends,

Have you looked up the Christmas Video called "Light the World" yet? (I attached it to my last email) It is a video depicting Jesus Christ serving others and how we can follow his example and serve as well. We can be a light to others by helping them out. 

Sister Feil and I have taken the Christmas initiative and are looking for ways to serve others everyday this month. The other day we were talking to Dave (a guy we are teaching) and asked him if we could come rake his leaves. Yes,I am aware that it is December but I don't think Indiana got the memo because last week I was wearing a short sleeve shirt. Okay, maybe not everyone is wearing short sleeve shirts right now, but there is no snow and the sun is shining. Anyways, he thought he had to pay us but once we clarified that he doesn't pay us he then said, "Okay, surprise me!" 
On Saturday, we had a member from our ward who supplied the rakes and bags and came to help us. We thought it would only take 30 minutes but once we started we called in reinforcements to help us out. Dave and his wife pulled up in the middle of our surprise. He was smiling and his wife, who is not fond of us at the moment, even smiled! I like smiles! It was so great! 

Jesus Christ has taught us to live the higher law. He is the way and the example. We can follow him by serving everyone around us. To give what we can and to not be discouraged with what we can't give. 

I love you all so much!

Let us all remember the true meaning of Christmas this season. 

If you are having a hard day, week, month, year or life then go and serve someone! I promise you will feel better!

Love
Sister Cook

PS Just in case you haven't seen it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment