Thursday, December 22, 2016

Shake and tremble



o-Hi-o

Hello Family and Friends,

It is that time again in my life when I got asked to play my violin in a musical number at Zone Conference. I debated if I should have done it or not. Do I hide my talent or do I share it with others? I have witnessed too many miracles out here to deny God. I know that this talent was given from Him and so I knew that this was my next step in strengthening it. Deep down I was trembling with fear. I decided this time round in performing I would change my attitude. 
"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7)
I started to pray for excitement and faith in performing. I did all that I could to stomp out the fear. The day of the performance, I performed and I was filled with joy. I couldn't stop smiling. I was having fun in playing the piece. At the end however, I think from my excitement, I messed up the timing and made it sound like a train wreck at the end. Nevertheless, I couldn't stop smiling and feeling joy because I didn't SHAKE and TREMBLE! That is what I prayed for. I prayed to not shake or tremble. I was strengthened by Christ. 
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13)

I was thinking how I had to change something about myself and turn to Christ for strength.That is what we are doing out here as missionaries. Helping people repent (change) and turn to Christ. To have all the blessings that come from God's power and authority (the Priesthood) being restored to the earth once again.I have seen people face fear when they turn towards Christ to change. Some people are ready for change and others are not yet. Once they put their faith in him and trust in him then do the miracles proceed. Miracles are out there!

I sure love you all!
Have a wonderful week!

Remember YOU get to choose how to act and react in a situation. So choose to be happy!

Sister Cook





No comments:

Post a Comment