Monday, February 1, 2016

Feb 1- First things first

o-Hi-o

Hello Family and Friends!

We just got the call and I am staying here in Greenville for another transfer! I am so EXCITED! This week has been glorious and I am geared up for the future. I LOVE the people here. I love to look for something good each day because it keeps me smiling. 

Well the other day we were meeting the neighbors to a member in our branch. When we walked in, right there hanging on their wall was the First Vision. I was about to have a heart attack (I got real excited). We come to find out that her grandson is member and sent her the pictures around her house. We invited her to hear the story about the picture of the First Vision. She said we could come back this week to tell her. I am looking forward to that day. 


Well I love it out here! I know this is short but I will send pictures next week. 

No one freak out, but I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. 

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

Thank you for all your prayers and support. I am truly grateful for you all. 

Have a WONDERFUL week!

Sister Cook


Jan- 25 Smiles

o-Hi-o

Dear Family and Friends,

Oh my goodness! It is almost the end of January! WOW! Time flies. If it weren't for the snow outside I would still think it was July of last year. I am continuing to find the things that I love about this place. I love to recognize that constant service keeps me moving forward. I can't explain the feeling but it feels like I just came out here yet at the same time I feel like I have been on this mission my whole life! I love service! It feels so great to always find a way to help someone out. 

Well the other day, in my studies I was lead to the book of Mark and I was reading in chapter 10. I was going there to read a verse and by the end of my studies I was reading the whole chapter. I just loved it all. Verses 17-22 really stuck out to me, it is about the rich young ruler. As I studied it I reflected at the end where the young ruler was grieved because he had to sacrifice his great possessions for eternal life. It is hard to give things up. To become more like Christ we must always look for something that we can sacrifice so that we can become more like him. A couple days later I opened the Ensign from November 2015 and turned to the talk called " What Lack I Yet?" by Elder Larry R. Lawrence. He talks about the rich young ruler! It was wonderful to read that talk and to think "what lack I yet?"

This past week I prayed about it and the thing I am going to sacrifice is my frown! Ya, I can see some of you guys laughing at this idea. However, when I catch myself frowning then I recognize that my thoughts become more negative. So even when I am upset I am trying to smile!  I started this week and I already recognize a difference. 

My thoughts were scattered and all over the place this week. Hopefully it made sense! In my head it did. 


Here is the link to that wonderful talk


I LOVE YOU ALL!

I hope you recognize the positive things in your life this week!

Love,

Sister Cook




Jan 18- Love you 

Hello Family and Friends!

I just want to say how much I love this gospel. I know that the fullness of Christ's gospel has been restored on the Earth through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that we can all receive our own personal revelation as we pray and ask God for ourselves. I know that the Book of Mormon is a witness to this all.
My heart is overwhelmed when I think of it all! I am so grateful for my trials that I have had these past few weeks. I see that they have been placed in my life to make me stronger. I don't understand them fully but I know that we can overcome any trial or obstacle through Christ! I love the atonement and the Doctrine of Christ. I am continually seeing how it is changing me and those around me.

I love it here! I love the people! 

I love you all so much! Thank you for your love and support.

Sister Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment