Monday, February 22, 2016

A performance of a lifetime

o-Hi-o

Hello Family and Friends!

What a beautiful day! No snow, blue skies, I am almost to the point where I don't need my fuzzy leggings, and the sun is shining! Greenville keeps growing on me everyday. This little town is pretty cute.

Two Sunday's ago, a sweet older lady in the Branch stood up and was bearing her sweet testimony. In the middle she talked about how I play the violin. Oh no! I knew what was going to come from this. The next day I was asked to perform a solo in Branch Conference. My stomach did a million flips! I like to perform in symphonies but when I get in front of a crowd by myself or a small group my fingers shake, my knees buckle, and my bow of the violin becomes violently out of control! I about declined to playing but then I thought about the story of the talents. I can't bury my talent! I don't want to lose my talent in playing the violin. It was a tough decision. I prayed for the strength and said yes. The performance was very simple. It was yesterday and I played "Lead Kindly Light." I was shaking in my seat. I grabbed a chair, sat down, closed my eyes, and prayed as I played. I made it! I didn't shake as bad and my bow stayed in control. *Phew* . Through experience I am praying that my shaky self will not be so shaky in the future. 

I have loved my studies this week! I have been reflecting on the Holy Ghost and his role in our life. It is our personal choice to be open to the Spirit. In Helaman 5:21-52 I really enjoyed reading about the change that we can all have. If we pray to God and repent then can we find our way out of the darkness. The joy we can all feel is real! God has so much for us. We just need to be open to listening to what He wants us to know through the Holy Ghost. 

I love you all so much! I hope you are all having a WONDERFUL day! Stay positive and have a fantastic week!


Love,

Sister Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment