Monday, August 10, 2015

August 3, 2015

o-Hi-o!
 
 
HELLO!
 
First off let me just say, TOMATOES! I LOVE tomatoes. I have this crazy addiction to them...especially if they are fresh from the garden. I didn't realize how obsessed I was with them until I received packages of my favorite kind in the mail from my mom in the MTC. I then realized I had a slight problem. Anyways, the other day I received a tender mercy while we were at a members house for dinner. She had a tomato garden! YAY! We were eating some for dinner and then she found out my love for them from my companion. So she quickly grabbed a grocery sack and filled it full! AAA! My heart was overwhelmed with love. So now our fridge is spilling out with tomatoes (don't be jealous mom.)
 
 
Well the other day we were having a pretty rough day (I promise this will not turn into a complaining letter or sob story.)  I assume anyone that has come from a previous mission, sales job, dating or any other form of getting rejected can hopefully relate.
 
So on Friday my companion and I made it a goal to talk to every person that we encountered. We went walking and literally talked to everyone in our path. By the end of the night we were tired and exhausted. Not one person was interested. We had 30 minutes to go before we could head into our apartment and we were walking with our heads hung low and our hearts feeling pretty broken. Passing a couple cars down we saw a lady jump out of her car and start screaming! We happened to pass her car at the time she was screaming "Get it out! Get it out!" We quickly assessed the situation and realized she had a bug in her car. I quickly asked if I had permission to go in her car to get it out for her. (Let me quickly inform you native Utahans....those that are not familiar with the Ohio land...BUGS tons and tons of BUGS. The variety is huge!)  So I quickly take my shoe off hop into her car and there in front of me is a huge flying bug....I don't want to be dramatic but it was the size of a....hmmmm ok my brain is drawing a blank. But it was big. I then realized that I got myself into a predicament.Gah! I started praying, "please give me strength to get this bug out of this ladies car!" The lady had every reason in the book to be afraid. Finally the bug flew out. *Phew*. We then talked with the lady and she was so sweet. She found out we were mormons and she went off and explained how much she admired us and what we do. We shared a brief message with her and got to see her again yesterday. It was great.
 
Even though this week has been filled with a lot of rejection more than I can count. My companion and I have started to say all the blessings from each day. We then realize that there are a lot of good things going on. There truly is opposition in ALL things. We have to experience the negative to experience the positive. I am learning to apply that to any situation that I encounter. The scripture that I have been repeating in my head over and over again is in John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you, not as the world giveth, I give unto you. Neither let your heart be troubled nor let it be afraid." PEACE we all need peace in our life.
It is possible to feel peace even during times of pain, sorrow and rejection.
 
Well I love you all!
 
Enjoy your last month of SUMMER!
 
Sister Cook
 
Here are pictures of some amazing ladies that have blessed my life!
 
My companion Sister Witherspoon
 
Sister Armstrong
 
and Beth!
 
I am learning so much from everyone out here.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment