Tuesday, July 28, 2015

1 month!

o-Hi-o!
Update: 1 month! WHAT? That is right, everyone, it has been one month (and a couple days) that I have been a full time missionary. Wow. They say that days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days. That statement has never been so true to me until now. I keep thinking I flew into Ohio last week. Hopefully you have all  been enjoying your summer break! 
Food: Well I was supposed to have an appointment this last week with one of my favorite investigators and he promised that he was going to make us frog legs! My companion was all over that idea. She loves them! I just smiled real big and thought to myself, "I am not a picky eater, I am not a picky eater, I am not a picky eater." I think I laughed a lot and smiled while he told us about this meal. Unfortunately, the meal got canceled (darn) so he said he would try for another night. I guess that gives my stomach a couple of more days to get ready....So look forward to that future story. 
Also, the heat here has been pretty hot! Even when it rains it is very warm/hot. Sister Witherspoon and I the other day went in to the gas station and got some UDF ice cream and as we left to go to our next appointment the ice cream melted in seconds! I only got one good solid bite and then the rest was warm melted milk. HA. I was desperate so I just chugged it. I didn't imagine Ohio could get this hot!
Thought:
I love the opportunity that we have to grow and learn. It is so wonderful to always have the opportunity to progress and get better at something. With challenge comes growth. It's easier said than done. As we set goals and try to reach and obtain them it takes faith and hope that we will persevere and eventually conquer it. A scripture that has helped me this week is in the Book of Mormon: Alma 58:10-11 (Go read it!) As we strive to become better and strengthen our weaknesses, it is through prayer to Heavenly Father that He can give us that peace. As we continue to have faith in Him we can have hope that He will deliver us out of any circumstance or help us to grow stronger. Keep strong everyone! 
Heavenly Father Loves you!
I forgot my camera this week but I will post pictures next week! Also I love you all! I appreciate all the love and support. I hope everything is going well for all of you!
Love,
Sister Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment