Tuesday, August 18, 2015

August 17, 2015

o-Hi-o
 
Yesterday, in the morning, the Sister over Primary came and asked if we would be a substitute teacher for CTR 6 class. I about died! OF COURSE! CTR 6 are the 1st and 2nd graders. My heart melted. I felt back in my zone! It was so fun to sit during singing/ sharing time with the little kids. Seriously, little kids say the funniest things! I about died. I was trying so hard to not laugh. Anytime a picture was held up of any prophet or anyone that we were learning about the sunbeams (which I think they are 3 and 4 years old?) would shout out, "JESUS!" Another little kid was trying to get the teachers attention to answer her question by answering, "But I know where Jesus lives!" and then he proceeded to say things that I wish I could remember, but of course his answer didn't have to do with what she was saying. Oh but they were just so cute! It wasn't chaotic. They were well behaved but loud. Oh my element. 
 
Speaking of teaching, doesn't school start soon? I wish the best to everyone starting school! My kiddo's will be starting 7th grade! Wow. So crazy! Good luck to everyone out there!
 
This week has been an absolute blur! Nothing too crazy and exciting but so much to do. 
 
I have really appreciated the time that I get to study in the morning. It is a calm time for me to study and learn more. A scripture that I really appreciate that I came across this week is in D&C section 76 verse 19:
 
"And while we meditated upon these things, the Lord touched the eyes of our understandings and they were opened, and the glory of the Lord shone round about." 
 
I looked up the definition of meditation and it is "a continuous thought. To think about doing something."
 
I never thought of meditation that way. It has made me change the way that I study my scriptures. I have been trying harder to continue thinking about the things that I can do. What things can I do each day that will improve my life and the lives around me? This has made me to reflect on a lot of change that I need to make! 
 
Have a wonderful week everyone! 
 
I love you all so much! I hope everything is going well. 
 
 
Sister Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment