Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Riding in a Boat to the Promise Land

o-Hi-o

Hello Family and Friends!

Have you ever thought about how Lehi's family makes it to the promise land and they still have to work and they still go through trials and afflictions? Today in my studies, I was reading 1 Nephi 16 and 17 and I was thinking how the daughters of Ishmael started to complain and wanted to go back to the easy life and how Laman and Lemuel always have an experience with an angel and then the next few verses they go back to complaining and having a lack of faith in God. I don't know about you, but I can be a Laman and Lemuel. I see a miracle and then I find myself complaining. I have learned on my mission the importance of being happy no matter what situation I am placed in. I have met people from all walks of life. I have heard all stories of what people have experienced in their life time. I have cried, laughed and any other possible emotion that comes from hearing a story. Something that I took from my studies and continue to be better at is to never give up and to choose the right! We get to choose how to react in any situation that we are placed in. 

We are teaching someone that has grown up in a difficult situation and she is learning how to combat the negativity and the sadness. She is changing through Jesus Christ. I love witnessing the change! I love to see how people come to Christ and through him they change for the better. It is just beautiful!

When we make a covenant with Heavenly Father it is a two way promise. As we keep the commandments then He promises blessings in return. Going back to Lehi and his family making it to the promised land. They went where the Lord wanted them to be and because of that they received blessings as long as they kept the commandments. It is all choice on whether to keep the commandments or not. They are there to bless and protect us! 

I love it here!  As a Sister Training Leader I get to go out with the sisters in the Stake. I have learned so much from being with all the different sisters. They are BEAUTIFUL inside and out! 

I love you all! 

Sister Cook




No comments:

Post a Comment