Tuesday, April 26, 2016


o-Hi-o

Hello Friends and Family,

Ok, I need to first start off with a really good laugh. Back here on the East side of the states there is a great population of geese. I have heard from people that geese hiss and are aggressive.  I never saw this side of them. I only have had the great pleasure in hearing them serenade us in the morning with their loud honking. The other morning my companions and I went out for our morning run. We always love to switch up our route. This particular route was a beautiful trail though out the greenery in our apartment complex. As we were coming to the end of the run we came across a bridge over a pond. Sister Mickelsen went first and at the end of the bridge we heard a goose hiss at her from below. Before we could make it over the bridge another goose flew out of no where hissing  and dive bombing towards Sister Mickelsens head! The goose knocked her off the trail, flapping wildly around her. She screamed loud enough to wake up the whole apartment complex. I barely got past the geese and then began to cry with laughter. It was priceless. I guess you would have to be there to get the full affect of how funny this truly was. The lesson I have learned is to stay far from the geese. 

My Spanish is improving when I speak and I can understand more than I have in the past! I don't know how to write it yet. One of our Spanish investigators just moved to California. It was bitter sweet! I never thought in my wildest of dreams that I would be learning Spanish on my mission! I LOVE IT!  

OH I LOVE INDIANA! It is so beautiful! It is so green, the trees are bright with purple, pink, and white blossoms. The people are so sweet and nice. This transfer has flown by real quick! Next Monday is transfers, I will find out if I stay or if I go. 

I know I keep saying this but it truly is one of my favorite things out here on my mission. The change that people have as they come close to Christ. No matter who the person is and what circumstance they are in, I have seen the Doctrine of Christ transform people. It is truly a personal choice to come closer to Jesus Christ and when someone decides to take that path the outcome is beautiful. 


I am so grateful for all the areas that I have served in and the people that I have met and the companions I have had. Everyone around me has changed me for the better and I am forever grateful for that.

I love you all so much!

Best of luck to everyone that is coming to the end of their school year! 

YOU ARE ALL SO AMAZING! 

Love 
Sister Cook

Picture 1: Missionaries at Leadership Council

Picture 2: Zone Fun Day last week. We got to have fun BBQ and games!












o-Hi-o
Hello Family and Friends!
I am so impressed and in awe with the love and support of people all around. I know that there is a lot going on in the world today that is troublesome, negative, scary and overwhelming. Nevertheless, there are still so many good people in the world today. I am a witness to that every single day. The other day we had the neat experience when different denomination of churches came together to pray for other people. People are coming together to support one another during these difficult times.
In one lesson this week, we had a lady telling us about a struggle she encountered. Someone had given her advice that helped her through it and I just loved it so much I wanted to share it with all you.

"It is painful to turn back and it is painful to move forward, so it is better to move forward and grow."
What ever you are going through remember to keep moving forward and have the Savior apart of your life. Let him be a part of your every step. It is through him that we can find that relief. 

I love you all so much!
Best of luck to everyone this week! I hope you find opportunities to help someone out. Even if it is by smiling and waving to them! That can brighten up someones day!   

I never thought I would get used to flat land and open skies, but I love them more and more each day. 

Love,
Sister Cook




No comments:

Post a Comment