Monday, May 16, 2016

o-Hi-o
Hello Family and Friends!
The other day we were in teaching a wonderful family. When it came time to leave I went forward to give the mom a hug. In her arm she had her little dog. Before I could acknowledge what was happening the little dog became very protective and bit down my arm like it was eating corn and the cob. The whole family rushed to my aide to see if I was okay. I couldn't stop laughing because everything was fine. Thankfully, the dog had majority of it's teeth missing. My arm was perfectly fine and protected.
I love to see how the Lord continues to lead and guide us each day. It is SO NEAT!  I am just in love with this area. There is truly beauty all around (even if there are no mountains). The people here are genuine and sweet. They love to talk and I love to talk. It makes for some great conversations.
The more I talk to people the more I have a passion for people to build faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. It is so important to have him as our rock in life. 

This week you should read or listen to this talk from Elder Maynes. It is wonderful!

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/10/the-joy-of-living-a-christ-centered-life?lang=eng

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!
Whether you realize it or not, you have all impacted my life for the better and I am grateful that Heavenly Father put you in my life.
Love,
Sister Cook




o-Hi-o
Hello Family and Friends,
Happy (yesterday) Mother's Day! Even if you don't fall under the category, I hope you all had a wonderful day.  It was crazy but fun to see the family over Skype last night. I love you all SO MUCH. 

Any guesses on where I went?! Probably not, but that's okay. I only moved over one ward from where I was just at! I am still in the Fort Wayne, Indiana area. I am now serving in what is called the Columbia City Ward. It is the GREATEST! My new companion is Sister Parker, and she just got out of training so I am breaking her into missionary life. It is fun, she is wonderful!
Change is inevitable, something that I am learning to accept daily. Whether it be physical, spiritual, emotional, or mental something changes and growth occurs. As I have been reflecting on the past 10 months of my mission life I have seen change occur at a rapid rate. I have recognized the importance for change and what it can bring. Through all this change our foundation needs to be a firm foundation. Our rock that keeps us rooted as we change and grow into what Heavenly Father wants us to become. Today in my studies I was diving into Luke 22:19-20. Every seven days I have the great opportunity to partake of the sacrament to remember Jesus Christ and  his atoning sacrifice. I renew that covenant to take upon his name and to keep his commandments. In return the Holy Spirit is with me. Jesus Christ is my rock and my foundation, because of him I can overcome all things. He is the mediator with our our loving Heavenly Father. Through Christ we can live again.

Helaman 5:12-
And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
Two great short videos that I love:

http://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/mormon-messages/the-sabbath-is-a-delight

http://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/mormon-messages/the-will-of-god-2
I love you all so much!
It is MAY! AAAA! Summer is just around the corner! Good luck to everyone in there last month of school!
Love Sister Cook

Until June 6 my address will be:
6628 Farmswood Dr. Apt 2B
Fort Wayne, IN
46804




No comments:

Post a Comment