Monday, June 29, 2015

Week1

Hello Family and Friends!

o-Hi-o!

Wow! Where do I even start? It has only been about 5 days now and I feel like I have experienced so many things! (Disclaimer: I will NOT go into every detail.)

First off let me introduce my first companion, Sister Gessell. Please take a moment and say her name. Alright, you got it? Well guess what! It doesn't matter that I'm 23 and taught 6th grade. I couldn't pronounce her name for the life of me! We laughed about it and I couldn't stop laughing about it. All my attempts: Sister Je-zell, Sister Ga-zell, Sister Geese-le, Sister Geese-ly, Sister Guess-ley, Sister Guess-ler. Ya, I was having a riot of a time and this lasted for about 2 days of mistakes! Finally. Sister Gues-sle is how to pronounce the name. Let me just say that I love Sister Gessell! She is so wonderful! She is down to earth and hilarious. I would upload pictures but I don't know how to do it on these particular computers. Maybe in the future if I figure it out. 

I don't have much time but I wanted to write something short because I wanted you all to know that I have survived and have loved the first few days here! 

I love my district! Ah, they are seriously the best sisters and elders I could be put with. We consider ourselves family!  

I love the spirit that I feel here. I feel as if my heart is on fire...constantly! I love this gospel, yesterday after a devotional and video I was so pumped. I know that Heavenly Father loves us all individually! He truly does! My focus on learning is going to be on Christ. He is the greatest example in serving others. When he was not being treated kindly he was still reaching out and helping others! I can't even give justice to the messages that I heard yesterday. All I know is that this is where I am supposed to be. I look forward to my future! I know that it will be hard but the reward is great in the end. 

I love this whole mission thing because I get to be a teacher and dive into the gospel. The best of both worlds!

Love you all! 

Sister Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment